SAML SSO with Google
Here's how you can set up SAML SSO with Google.
Part 1: Enable SAML SSO in Tability
- Go to your workspace SSO settings and select the SAML SSO option as the authentication method.
- Keep this screen open, we'll need it later.
Part 2: Create a new application for Tability in Google
- Create a new custom SAML app by going to Apps Web and mobile apps in your Google Admin console.
- Name your app Tability, and then continue to the next screen.
Part 3: Update SAML SSO settings in Tability
- In the next screen copy the values of the SSO URL and certificate. You'll need them to
- Copy the SSO URL from Google, and paste it into the IDP SSO URL field in Tability.
- Copy the content of the certificate including the BEGIN CERTIFICATE and END CERTIFICATE to the IDP certificate field in Tability.
- Click on update to save the settings
Part 4: Configure SAML in Google
- Return to the Google admin and hit continue to get to the Service provider details screen.
- ACS URL: copy the value of the SP Consumer URL (https://api.tability.app/auth/saml/consume/<workspace>)
- Entity ID: copy the value of the SP Entity ID URL (https://api.tability.app/auth/saml/metadata/<workspace>)
- Save the settings
Part 5: Sign in via SSO to finalize your setup
Once SAML is activated, it will be the only authentication method for your workspace. Make sure that your admin account in Tability is associated with a user in Google, otherwise you might lose access to your workspace settings.
To finalize the integration you need to sign in once via SAML SSO to validate your configuration.
Click on the Log in via SSO button to sign in.
Once you're logged in you should see a confirmation message at the top of your screen saying that "SAML SSO is enabled for all users."