Automate check-ins with Zapier
You can use Zapier to automate check-ins for specific outcomes.
- You will need to have a Zapier account to be able to use this integration.
- You will need to be on the Essentials plan to have access to the remote check-ins API in Tability.
📌 How to create a check-in with Zapier?
- Head to Tability on Zapier Marketplace
- Search or pick an app to pair with Tability
- Select a trigger. Start by selecting a trigger in Zapier. In this example we're using Card Moved to List in Trello
- Add the Create Check-In in Tability action. In Zapier, find the Tability app, and then pick the Create Check-In in Tability action.
- Click continue and connect your Tability account to Zapier. You will need to provide your personal API token. You can find this token at https://tability.app/account. This token will attach all check-ins created from Zapier to your personal account in Tability. Once connected, your screen should look like the screenshot below:
- Copy your remote check-ins token from Tability. Open up your Tability workspace, and go to the outcome that you want to update via Zapier. Open up the remote check-ins settings panel from the outcome menu.
- Enable remote check-ins for that outcome, and copy the token value.
- Set up the Zapier action. Go back to Zapier to fill in the action form. We will explain each of the values below. Here's what the different parameters mean:
Remote check-ins token
Copy the value of the token that you got from Tability. The token is how Tability knows which outcome to attach the check-ins to.
The score is to calculate the progress value for the check-in. In our example, we want to increase the number of cards closed by one every time a Trello card is closed. So, we set the value to 1.
There are 2 options for the score type:
- update: the score will become the progress value for the check-in.
- Increment: the score is added to the progress value of the previous check-in.
In this example, we want to increase the score by 1 each time, so we selected increment.
Pick the red/yellow/green status for your check-in, or leave it blank to let Tability calculate the confidence based on progress.
Checkin date (optional)
Select a custom check-in date if needed.
Enable your integration. Once you're done with the configuration you can test your action in Zapier. You should get a simple confirmation message, and see a new check-in on your outcome graph in Tability.
- Now you can turn your Zap on, and check-ins will be automatically created based on the rules.